Saturday, April 5, 2008

Dance, Dance Revolution, Wii style

Let me tell you about a hilarious game that we recently love to play. Wii has a version of Dance, Dance Revolution and it is a riot. Now this was just a game I bought Erik for Christmas, to go with the Wii he got for his birthday last year. I thought, "Hey, I can sit back and laugh while he looks ridiculous." The teenage kid at Best Buy even sold me on it further when he said that he and his friends practice the dances and moves at home and then go out and play it in arcades to impress girls. Oh, yeah, this will be great.

Unfortunately, my plan backfired because out of the two of us, he is much better. Crap. Initially, I hated it because I did so bad. But for some odd reason, we have played it almost every other night for about two weeks now. I am getting better and having a good time even though Erik still kicks my butt. Who knew? Why I enjoy it now that I am about 5 months pregnant, I don't know. This kid is gonna come out dancing to bad techno and weak covers of popular songs

Speaking of kids, Analiese has even gotten into the act. Erik plays it with her on nights I am working. She doesn't follow the directions however, but dances with the background dancers. It is very adorable.

If I get brave enough I will post video but don't get your hopes up. Just go out to your nearest arcade, watch the dorky/nerdy kids playing this, and think of us.

5 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

You have to post a video! That would be so funny! :) Wade really wants to get a Wii, so I have a feeling that it is in our near future!

Jennifer said...

Well, Erik did have all of that dance experience from his "Voices of a New Day" days in high school. Hi. I'm an old friend of Erik's from his Virginia days. We had some fun times (King's Dominion rocked!) and Erik was seriously one of the nicest guys I knew! It's so fun to find out what those old friends are up to years later!

Jennifer (Pyle) Thomas

Joe said...

I am extending a plea for video...it's not like we've never seen you dance before!

(we play Guitar Hero, and Mandy is WAY better than me, and i'll post video of that in exchange...)

Steph said...

How fun!!

How are you feeling?

thepalmierifamily said...

Oh the pukes. I hope they've stopped. THe first 13 weeks I hovered over the toilet. THe only time I actually threw up is when we had the missionaries over. I aspirated and in coughing to dislodge what I swallowed I barfed all over my plate. It got worse because I kept coughing (secondary to aspirating) and every time I coughed, I barfed. I ran to the bathroom and didn't come out for 15 mins. When do we find out if it's a boy or girl (taco or a turtle as we say in my family)? lots of love, Julie.