Friday, July 13, 2007

The Ridgefield 10K

Erik and I ran the Ridgefield 10K, it is a small town north of Vancouver. It was a small race with about 75 participants and many more in the untimed 5K. We ran this race on July 4th. (Analiese was with our friends, the Lees', at the ward breakfast, she had a blast). It was a nice run with plenty of shade and decent temperatures. I ran a personal best at 1 hour and 12 minutes and Erik ran 55 minutes.

The funny thing was Erik and I signed up way back in January. We were the first people to sign up. Many of the runners didn't even sign up till that morning and it seemed very common to do this. I was #1 and Erik was #2. I think people may have thought initially that our numbers matched our skills, but sadly they were mistaken. Erik finished midpack, and I was glorious number 74 out of 75. Too funny. Everyone was pretty hard core. I was getting beat by 70 year old men! But...all in all, you can't not be proud of beating your personal record!

Just more incentive to prepare for next year.

No comments: