Sunday, October 21, 2007
"I can feel my mind going Dave."
Well, well,... lots has happened in October. I flew out to Mooresville, North Carolina on the 4th to attend my best friend from high school's wedding, Jennifer Blevins. She is now officially Jennifer Lindsey. What a great event that was! Personally I loved seeing her family, meeting Paul's family, and just generally partying. It was a wonderful wedding, everyone, especially the bride, looked great. The lakeside ceremony was awesome. And we all had a blast dancing, eating, and hanging out afterward. I really missed Erik and Analiese and wished that everyone could meet them both, but I had a good time remembering those days of just her and I, and reconnecting with so many great people.
October 9th, Andy and Arlee came out to see us kids in Washington state. That was so nice to hang out and visit for a day. On the 10th, Analiese and I drove Andy and Arlee to their plane, parked down in Newberg, Oregon. They had planned to fly back home to Houston with a few stops along the way, visiting more family. We has a blast checking out the planes and seeing Grandma and Grandpa fly up into the sky. Unfortunately, their engine cut out while they were flying over Utah, and they had to crash land in an open field. Their landed but their plane flipped over and they were stuck for 45 minutes until EMS could arrive. Luckly, they both walked away with minor scratches and pains. We are so grateful that they made it out safely.
On the 13th, we had dinner with some long time friends, Matt and Louise Burnett. They were our neighbors in college and we really enjoyed hanging out and goofing off. They recently moved here to Portland from England. It had been about four years since we had seen or heard from them. It was a great night. We are glad that they are near again.
This last week was a week of great high's and low's. I decided that I was going to start potty train Analiese. It has been a struggle. Many times since having her I have realized that I am raising a child but that Heavenly Father seems to be raising me at the same time. It can be painful :) Potty training has been more of an exercise to test my patience than to actually get her to go on the toilet. I have learned a lot. I am just grateful that Erik is back from his work trip and can help me a bit, either to calm her or me.
This week I plan to actually begining sewing her Halloween costume. I hope I have not waited too long. She is going to be a pink flamingo. It is so stinkin' cute. I'll post pictures of course. In light of her costume, someone gave us the idea that we should all be lawn ornaments. So Erik will be the garden gnome and I will be the pinwheel or plastic frog or something... If you have any ideas, please post them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think you should be one of those old ladies in bloomers that is bending over--haha--just kidding. Or...you could be a statue and be all in grey or white--or maybe a birdbath!
Post a Comment