I have been so ashamed. I did not realize that so many of you actually read our blog. I am such a slacker! Here is a quick recap of November and December... with some pictures of course.
November, Thanksgiving was a blast. We decided last minute to drive to Utah with Erik's brother, Andy, his wife, Marylyn, and their daughter, Annika. The Odessey from Erik's work was MIA and so we had to all pile in to the Pilot. That third seat really is a crock. But Analiese and Annika fit fine. They only had one or two melt downs on the way to Utah, and on the way back, none. I think they were too tired. While in Utah, we met up with Erik's sister, Anja and Greg, and the kids, Erik's sister Inger and Jim and the girls, Mom and Dad Bjorn, and other extended family on the Price side. It was awesome. We also got to see my brother, Nic, and his wife, Morgan, and my brother Cambrin. I forgot my camera and so sadly have no pictures of the event.
Next came my birthday, which I did not take so well. I thought I would be okay but lost it the nearer it came. What is this, a third life crisis?! Oh, well. Many of you have shared the same sentiment (be it this year or even others) and I feel normal. Thank you.
We took Analiese to see Santa at our Church Christmas party. She did very well. We also took her to the Portland "Zoo Lights," where we rode the train around the zoo and walked and saw the nocturnal animals and lights. We also went to the Portland International Raceway lights. That was very fun. We drove around the race track listening to Christmas music and looking and huge light displays. I am trying to get our family out to do more holiday activities and such. Next year I think we'll hit Peacock Lane and the Boat Lights (along the Columbia and Willamette rivers).
Christmas brought on a lot of singing on my part, which was great. I was very nervous since I had not really worked on my singing in years. My mom had reminded me that I needed to use my talents or I would lose them. She was so right. My accompanist, Lisa Garfield, is the best and has really helped me to shine. I sang solos for the ward (our congregation) and a solo for the stake choir (a combination of congregations in the area). What an ego boost, considering I was so scared. We also were blessed in that we have been able to buy a piano for Christmas this year! Here is the web site for the piano we bought. http://www.kawaius.com/main_links/vertical/k_series06/k2.html
I wanted a K-5 but this one fit our price range and our small town home a lot better. It worked out perfectly.
Christmas Eve we had a great dinner with the Burnett's. We ate ham, creamed spinach, cheesy leeks, and cheese cake. It was wonderful. Later we played "Dance, Dance Revolution," in which Louise beat the rest of us soundly. I think she practices on the side. Then we watched TV and played, "Fact or Crap." Another great game, because these two know their random facts. But I won, ha, ha.
Christmas morning we opened presents and that was fun! Analiese's favorite gifts were, the white electronic cat, a FurReal pet, her play laptop, and her princess crown and jewelery. It was great. Erik got me some piano books and knitting needles I have been wanting. Erik got the TV series, "Psych" and some funny books. There was of course tons of junk food and candy to be found. I was a very good Santa this year and tried to remember all the goodies.
That night we went up to Auburn, and saw Andy, Marylyn, Annika, Grandma and Grandpa Bjorn, and Kell and Aunt Teresa. We ate dinner and opened more presents. It was nice. Over the next few days we shopped and goofed off, played Settlers, ate at Grandma's and took the two girls to Chuck E. Cheese's. We had never been there before with Analiese. It was very funny. There never seems to be enough tokens, even when I was a kid.
Since then we have been recuperating and trying to clean the house. Ah...bring on the new year.

3 comments:
Hey, it looks like you did a lot and had fun at Christmas. I must say that I was really jealous seeing your piano. It's beautiful!
It's just about time to be ashamed again.... ;)
How are you guys?!
(i only ask b/c i haven't heard in soooo loooong)
enjoyed the holiday e-mail you sent and its fun to see more pics of your fam. there's so much to comment on! enjoy your piano--we had to leave ours in AZ and i miss it. glad you're singing...can you record some and upload it so i can hear? i remember you singing on our car rides from clinicals. : ) glad you survived the emergency plane landing in utah...yikes! and my 31st b-day is in less than a month! aarrgh!! how did i get so ancient?! so don't feel like no one understands...
Post a Comment