Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tagged, You're It!

In response to my good friend Sarah, I have decided to take the challenge and answer some questions that she posted on her blog around December 1st... if you are interested in reading her's as well. I never seem to take the time to do this but I thought tonight it would be thought provoking and better than watching infomercials, while I wait for my nausea/heartburn to subside.


Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago, 1998:
1. I was living with my roomates Lisa (Thurston) Brown, Jamie (Myers) Hunsaker, and Jill (Fish) Magnesen in Provo at BYU. We called ourselves the "Fabulous Four" and lived on "Condo Row." Unfortunately they all left me every summer and I ended up with odd roomates part of the time.
2. Retaking Anatomy and Biochemistry because I slacked off and got bad grades. The only one I ended up liking was Biochemistry. It finally made sense.
3. I was writing Erik on his mission. This summer was the year our relationship turned from friends to more. He was "Dear Johned" that next April but we actually did end up together. Never say never.
4. The summer of '98 I worked nights as a nursing assistant for a nursing home and during the day took care of a private patient in her home. The first job was crazy and the second was awesome. Being a nursing assistant was the start to my long list of bizzare medical stories and when I decided that I could be a nurse.
5. I was still taking voice lessons and loved it. It was the next year that I quit because I was as advanced as I could be without being a vocal major and the nursing program was about to take over my life.

Five Things on My Life To Do List:
1. Learn to speak Vietnamese like Erik. I think it would be cool to speak a language our kids could not understand, hee, hee.
2. Learn to play the piano and the guitar. I want to play and sing my heart out.
3. Have a house and some land with a nice view of trees or a field, and sit on my wrap around porch. I can envision ferns hung equally spaced around the porch. Very southern, I know...
4. I want to write a book about all of my interesting and crazy dating experiences.
5. Own a yarn shop just for fun, not really to make money. I would have the coolest stuff.

Five Things I Would Do If I Was A Millionare:
1. Pay off everything and be debt free.
2. Pay off our parent's debts, so they could be debt free too.
3. Travel around the world with Erik and our kids. Plan out a tour of the US and then the world.
4. Hire Brandi as my general manager of style, Inger as my hair stylist, and Kristy Henderson as my personal shopper.
5. Set up a trust funds for our kids with certain stipulations or goals I want them to achieve. Make them work for it.

Five Things I Would Never Do Again:
1. Being there when people are doing illegal things, because you are guilty by association even when not doing anything wrong.
2. Color my hair blonde.
3. Puberty. Yikes.
4. Invite too many people to be there when you are giving birth.
5. Sell anything. I hate it.

Five Favorite Toys: (I assume now...)
1. Computers
2. Digital Camera
3. Wii
4. My Piano!
5. Games like Pac Man, Tetris and Poppit. Mostly mindless.

Five Things I've Read Recently:
1. Ensign/Friend/Book of Mormon
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. Carpe Jugulum--Terry Prattchet
5. Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy/What To Expect When You're Expecting

Five Of My Favorite Smells:
1. Erik's old shirts when he's out of town, (cheesy I know...)
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Pinetrees, like at Christmas
4. Babies, just out the bath, with lotion
5. Perfumes and colognes that remind me of people


Now I would love to see someone take the gauntlet and answer these same questions. Please let me know if you do. I would love to read it. I am just so bad myself that I really don't feel that I could outright challenge anyone to do it.

6 comments:

Joe, Mandy & Sierra Smith said...

i LOVE Terry Pratchett.
(never would've thought you read a weirdo like him)
it is funny to think about my life ten years ago, but not something i could put on a blog, sorry!
(that whole guilt by association legal question thinger...lol)

PS-did you know they made a movie tabout TP's Hogfather book? i's a mildly strange brit-film, but i liked it.

peachlas said...

I love your blog! Especially the most recent one, how interesting. Neat questions to ponder about one's life. I love Jane Austen and read all her books over the past ten years, plus all but the newest Harry Potter. (since my new job I haven't been able to finish many books of that length) We are here in GA this week and wish you were here!!!
Leigh Ann Smith

thepalmierifamily said...

Don't know if I'll answer the questions, but I enjoyed reading yours. I don't think I'd ever do puberty again either.

Barbara said...

Nekell- that was really fun to read about you! You have a fun blog and great pictures! We are really enjoying the big map in the toy room that we copied from you- the kids are just starting to learn about the world and love to go "look it up" We are sorry that we missed all the Bjorn's over the holidays- we didn't have a home phone for a couple of months(due to the move and trying port over our phone number and then giving up after two months) and I went over my minutes on my cell phone by several hundred dollars so I had to leave mine in the car-- Love to all, Aunt Barbara

Samantha said...

Hi, I had to change my blog address...here is the new one:
www.thefauverfamily.blogspot.com

Kim Davis said...

I loved that you took the time to do this. I didn't realize that you had dear johned Erik (I did the same to Deven). These poor missionaires!