Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Good times, good news

Well I thought I would recap January through March and let y'all know what we have been up to. Just as a side note, I am really enjoying being a mom right now. It is great. I'll admit, I don't always relish the duties of being a wife and mom but it feels great that right now I am enjoying things. Maybe Heavenly Father is just blessing me for the changes about to come.

The first and foremost news is that I am pregnant. I am about 4 1/2 months along now. We initially did not mention it because I had a miscarriage last September. We were on pins and needles until about the end of February. And then it seems that time just flew through March. Things are good. I am not sleeping well but that is to be expected and I have had a bad cold since the beginning of March, just now tapering off. So if it's not the frequent bathroom trips, the heartburn/nausea, it has been the congestion keeping me awake. I will have some pictures to come of my growing belly. We will be finding out what we are having in about two weeks. Yea! I am due September 1st.

January came and went. I was comatose on the couch almost every morning and so Analiese is now well versed in Dora the Explorer, Diego, Blues Clues, basically anything on Disney or Nick Jr. Poor kid.

In February, we received a visit from Erik's sister Inger. We all pitched in a flew her in from Colorado to cut and color our hair. Let me tell you she did a fabulous job! I love my hair when she does it. I get tons of compliments. Analiese got her first official haircut. I had Inger trim it and it looks great.

We were very busy in March. Analiese had her birthday on the 5th. That same week we got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Bjorn in Houston. It was such a treat and a nice visit! We took Analiese to a petting zoo on her birthday and riding the horse was the best part she said. Analiese had her 3rd Birthday party on the 8th and it was a blast. She received such nice presents and cards. Many people came and we really enjoyed seeing everyone. What a lucky girl! Erik and Andy Jr. built me a planter box in our back yard that next weekend. It looks great and we are planning a great garden. Wish us luck because we don't know what we are doing. Thank goodness things grow really well here in Portland. Easter was the 23rd of course, and it was horrible weather. So cold and rainy, what a bummer. We had to do the egg hunt inside. The day before, Erik took Analiese to do an egg hunt at the Portland Zoo. That was very crowded, I don't think we'll do that next year. We didn't get any pictures but they did have fun seeing the animals, especially the exotic birds. Analiese got an adorable dress with pearls, that you'll see below. She looks like Neapolitan ice cream. So cute!






















Left to right, top to bottom: Analiese's first hair cut, Analiese blowing out candles on her cake, Easter egg coloring, Analiese riding the horse at the petting zoo, my new planter box, and a goofy kid in her new Easter dress.



4 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Congratulations Nekell! I am excited to be expecting the same month as you.

Samantha said...

Cute pictures and congrats.

peachlas said...

Cute photos! Where is the photo of your new haircut though?
love you,
Leigh Ann

Steph said...

Great to read an update from you guys! Congrats on the successful pregnancy. Analise is so big and so adorable!

Hopefully we see you guys soon!