Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Welcome to the Jungle..."

"We've got fun 'n' games..." Oops sorry, having flash backs to my Guns 'n' Roses period. Just kidding. I had my baby shower tonight. I loved seeing everyone and the gifts were so sweet and thoughtful. Baby boy has some great new outfits for sure. My theme for his bedding and room color is the jungle and so we got lots of great stuff with elephants and monkeys and such. Along with the regular adorable puppies, automobiles, etc., it was awesome! I unfortunately forgot to get anyone to take any pictures of me opening stuff but I took pictures beforehand of the decorations. So I am posting some below. I have to mention a big thanks to Brittany Clapp who put on this whole affair and made it so special. Thanks babe!
I am also proud to say that I did Analiese's hair really cute today. I have to give props to the blog site that is listed in my favorites down on the left. If you look, you will find awesome styles to try. Thanks Marylyn for leading me in the right direction. Now I have lots of ideas to gleen from and Analiese will no longer look homeless. Not really, but her hair styles have been very limited for sure. I never have had to do much with my curls and I have never really had the interest. But I actually had fun today.




The invitations that Brittany made. The front is obviously at the top and this was the back side. Can you say, "Freakin' creative?"



This one is pretty self explanitory. The sign just rocks.



The safari animals she cut out with ther Cricut!



Same as above, so cute.



The sugar cookies were elephants and the brownies were crocodiles, besides the yummy cupcakes and the cream puffs. Sadly I was only able to eat a little of each.



Some of the other adorable decor, Playschool animals and more brownies.


The front, with the tail ends of the braids sticking up and the bows. It reminds me of when she was little.

I split her hair down the middle. Side pony tails, then braided them. Slid one braid end into the opposite rubber band and then the other, cris crossing them. The curl at the ends and the bows really finish it off.

1 comment:

thepalmierifamily said...

Hi Nekell! Oh I'm so excited for you to have a boy! They are SOOOO much fun. Granted I haven't had a girl to rant and rave about, but they're just plain fun. I hope you're surviving the third trimester ok. Loved the decorations. lots of love, Julie.