Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miss Independent

Well, this is the first week I will have been all alone with my kids since Peter's birth and so far it has been good. My expectations have been nil and therefore attainable. For instance today our goals were to shower and go to Wal-Mart. With Peter's three feedings, three blowouts, and two spit-ups, resulting in various diaper and onesie changes, to Analiese's melt down over clothing choices and hair styles, to my "Calgon, take me away" shower...most of the morning was taken up, which I had planned for. Then we embarked on our journey to Wally World, while Peter was asleep. Yes, we ate at fast food for lunch. Yes, all I had on my grocery list was milk, ziplock bags, and frozen pizzas. Yes, all we could do was to putter through the store, but we did it! I think Heavenly Father was blessing my children not to have a psycho mom versus anything I have actually merited :)

Tommorow the plan is very similar, showers again and getting Analiese to pre-school. Simple. I think that I might even try to go shopping for clothes while she is at school. I need an outfit for Peter's baby blessing this weekend in Seattle. I am determined not to look like a geek, like I did at Analiese's.

Tonight has been good too. Instead of sleeping when Peter has been, I have been playing with my blog page, reading your blog pages, and emailing. It has been fun, but I have a feeling I will pay for it in the morning. Also, I changed the format of my music list to actually reflect the title and placed it on random. If you don't like the song, skip songs or just turn it off. So far I like it. What do you think? I was getting sick of the same song and not hearing all the others.

4 comments:

B Flat Major said...

Ah, the first trip to the store. It feels like a requirement for your entry back into Real Person World. Good times. Glad you got your frozen pizza. Soldier on, friend, soldier on!!!!!

Kristi said...

I am SO proud of you!! Not only handling things as a single mom this week (that deserves something special all by itself) but for venturing out to the store. It's pretty scary to head to the store when you are outnumbered. I'm glad it was a success.

thepalmierifamily said...

Congratulations on little Peter! He is absolutely beautiful in everyway. He was was really big to push out. Hopefully you were still really numb from the epidural! I wouldn't worry about how you're dressed for the baby blessing. I think I was still in my maternity clothes because I hadn't shrunk back down to normal fitting clothes. Come to think of it, my maternity clothes are cuter than my regular ones. Good luck with the kiddies! Julie

amy said...

yes, its good to know I'm not the only slacker blogger on the web. lol! of course, yours is still much more up-to-date than mine!

i agree with Brenda---the 1st grocery trip is like a rite of passage into new motherhood. That's the big question isn't it? Not, "Can I be a mother of 2?" but, "Can I shop with 2?"

I lol'd at your "goals" for the day! Seriously, showering & getting dressed has become a major feat! I'm thrilled with myself when i accomplish BOTH in the same day! ;)

it sounds like pete is being a good baby for you overall. he looks like he's got lots of character in there! cute. very boyish too. awwww!

take care! xxx