Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whew!


Well it seems I am just coming up for air. I was very euphoric after Peter was born and that lasted about 3 to 4 weeks. Yea! (Unfortunately that did not happen after Analiese's delivery. I was very overwhelmed and anxious.) This time, however, was amazing. It was quite a blessing and that helped me out those first weeks Erik was away on business. Now we are coming up on eight weeks and time has just flown by. I am more worn out now, ha, ha.

A short recap of events...
1. We went up to Seattle in mid September to visit with all of Erik's siblings and parents and numerous extended family. We took that opportunity to have Peter blessed and the family was able to particpate in that. Awesome. We also got to hang out at Pikes Market one morning, ate at Iver's, and just enjoyed being together. We have great family!

L to R: Andy Jr., Inger, Erik, Anja, Arn
L to R: Dad and Mom Bjorn
2. My sister, Brandi and her husband, Cory came out that next weekend and we played. We were sick and time was short so we mostly hung out at home but I did take them out to the Oregon coast and we went to Canon Beach. (Most well known for it's cameo in the very end of the "Goonies" movie). Thank you Uncle Cory and Aunt Brandi for being Analiese's buddies for the weekend. She could not get enough of you. I will never forget Cory running backwards down the beach and Analiese chasing after.


3. Erik's 31st birthday was on the 30th of September. I made him a homemade cake and frosting. I was pretty ill prepared so it was a lame birthday. Sorry babe. I did get him a belated gift however. It was a bottle of "Dave's Insanity Sauce: Special Reserve." It comes in a casket and is numbered and signed by Dave himself. It is supposed to be 4 times hotter than the original and Erik swears he will never open that bottle...ever. Ha!


4. The next weekend my mom and dad came and stayed a week! It again was too short but we just basically hung out and Analiese and Peter were spoiled wonderfully. Thanks Mom and Dad :) One of my favorite highlights was when we visited the home in downtown Portland where my mom was born. I took tons of photos of the house. I enjoy being with my parents and it reminds me that I am still someone's little girl.


Now we are all caught up. Whew! I loved every minute.
Unfortunately, now I am sleep deprived and crazy. So I wanted to mention a few things I love today, kind of like a blessings checklist:
1. Peter's cheeks
2. Peter's smiles
3. sunshine through my window
4. Barbie movies for Analiese
5. relax/quite time
6. my girlfriends who keep me sane

3 comments:

Candice said...

I miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll are such a dang cute family

thepalmierifamily said...

Man, seeing those pictures of the coast makes me want to come visit! I know it's hard at first when any spare second you have you hope to sleep instead of post on your blog. :)

Maria Olsen said...

Such a cute family!! And so much fun you've had. I love the blessings check list!!!