Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!





For this Halloween, I wanted Analiese to pick her costume but she really wasn't getting the idea so I found this adorable pattern for a pink flamingo. Then we were wondering what we could be that would go with a pink flamingo, and came up with lawn ornaments. Thus we have Erik as the Garden Gnome, Nekell as the bird bath, and Analiese as the pink flamingo. Kinda obscure but very fun. The actually sewing of the costume was easy compared to the stiching of the feathers on to it. My neck is still killing me from being hunched over stitching all day. But it looked amazing!

Here are some prefeather photos...

It started out like a vest, made of fleece underneath. Then you add on the sleeves, or wings. Then make the hood and add the beak. Then the face and then the feather boas, sewn back and forth from the bottom up.



This is Analiese with her first treats of the evening. Our neighbors, Dale and Corrine brought it over for her. When Corrinne gave her the treats she said, "Oh, how beautiful!" Too funny.
Earlier that day, I took Analiese to her friend, Clayton's house for a little kids Halloween party. It was so cute! We had snacks, made necklaces, colored paper pumpkins, and frosted sugar cookies. Next we went to Erik's work to show off our costume to Linda and Erik. Later that evening, once Erik got home we went to church for the Chili cook off and the Trunk or Treat. We wanted to stay the whole two hours to take her around and have fun but Analiese only made it till after dinner. We left early and did some Trick or Treating around our neighbors. It was great to see all of them. She cried everytime I had to take off her costume. It was annoying but on the other hand at least she liked it.




4 comments:

Joe, Mandy & Sierra Smith said...

omg, that is SO cute!
the feathers on that flamingo of yours make me wanna sneeze, but the costume looks amazing!
and i love the birdbath and gnome costume, you are officially a ninja, Nekell!

Nekell said...

Thanks!

Salix said...

I love that you were the birdbath--the whole theme is so funny. And that flamingo costume is about the cutest thing I have ever seen...

Nekell said...

Sarah, you were the one who suggested a statue, so I credit you with my costume idea.